James Frith, National Publicity Officer
Sunday 11th of June 2017
Quick monthly catch up with the national exec...
Frances Milroy - Treasurer
- Looked at lots of budgets
- Spent lots of time on hold to HSBC
- Chasing unpaid clubs
- Signed up to Gilwell 24 as part of SSAGO support
Lauren Whittaker - Secretary
- More minutes have been written and are available on the website...
- Chased up active clubs to assign their reps
- Decided on club report questions and are ready to be sent out
- Pre-rally email ready to be sent out to clubs about reps and club reports
- Started to sort through the secretary folder and found lots of old paperwork, some of which is going to be digitised and put into the archives
Anona Mann - Members Officer
- Carried on emailing groups who aren't so active to see if they are okay
- Finished assignmenting for uni so now I'm free to scout/ssago all summer
- Had HUGS handover so no longer on both committees ... happy times!!
- Did some more emailing about membership questions to possible freshers
- Went to Oxon jam and promoted SSAGO being fabulous and did lots of helping at every moment possible
- I have probably done more but I'm still sleepy after introducing Harold to a beaver sleepover!
- Manage SSAGO Support at Gilwell Park Fundays
James Frith - Publicity Officer
- Continued to organise and coordinated 'SSAGO Support' events - find them all here!
- Ran Quidditch at OxonJam
- Ran Zorbing, Hay Maze and Waterslide at Woodhouse Park Fundays
- Finalised 50th Anniversary Challenge badge requirements and design
- Encouraged more articles from people and sorted out video template
- Gathered the SSAGO Press team and prepared for the Rally newsletter
- Sorted SSAGO at Pride - check here for details
- Continued sorting new banners and preping new merchandise
- Booked in "Scouting for Students" talk for Gilwell Reunion
- Sorted a SSAGO facebook frame, test it out on your profile photo
- Lots of emails and social media-ing as per usual
- Househunted, and now am packing to move away from Bristol...
Beatrice Phanjoo - International Officer
- Got finally started on Team International (special thanks to Harriet Bell and Scott Chapman!)
- In the process of inviting/getting contingencies from both Bosnia and Herzegovina and Netherlands to SSAGO Reunion
- Contacted TSSG, uni students group from Trondheim, Norway
- Chasing up Swedish Rovers and Austria
Larah Korrison - Archivist
- Unintentionally reconnected two ex-Oxford members
- Organised a successful visit to Uni of Bristol special collections and also deposited material from Kohoutek 2017 with the current UoBGAS president
- Added more personal stories to the archive ahead of reunion
- Continued to talk to ex-members
Laura Payne - SAGGA liason
- As a consequence of Oli's song I have only had to correct the spelling of SAGGA once this month!
- Attended a SAGGA weekend in Oxford with Oli and networked over board games and beer
- Attended OxonJam as part of SSAGO Supports...
- Delivered my 40th baby meaning that I have helped bring enough babies into the world to qualify as a midwife!
Oliver Bills - Webmaster
- Preparing for the launch of SSAGO Reunion
- Significant new features for the events booking system
- Building the SSAGO anniversary challenge system
- Launching the new SSAGO bookings system for non-SSAGO events to use the SSAGO events system
- Continued working on the SSAGO badge system
- Created a system for allowing clubs to specify their reps
- Building a new SSAGO reps system to help support club reps
- Continued work on the SSAGO shop ready for launch
Vicky Sanderson - Notifications
- Sorted out a confusing POR situation for Leeds Rally.
- Saved more forms into the dropbox and created notifications.
- Got annoyed at notifications.
- Signed up for Poacher 2017 as part of SSAGOSupports (And Vicky needed a holiday).
- Is busy organising Challenge17 Central Yorkshire Scouts County Camp