James Frith, National Publicity Officer
Thursday 20th of July 2017
Quick monthly catch up with the national exec...
Joshua Smith - Chair
- Introduced online voting for Reps so every club can go away, consider issues and discuss them with their members before having to vote.
- Read all of the full membership survey data and have started processing it.
- Caught up with Exec members and Assistants to see how everything is going.
- Created and distributed event feedback form for Leeds Rally.
- Exchanged countless emails and dealt with a lot of admin.
Lauren Whittaker - Secretary
- Chased clubs to fill out club reports and have reps on the system
- Sorted out lots of paperwork which is going into the archives
- Written more sets of minutes which hopefully people are 'enjoying' reading
- Spread the word of SSAGO at Kandersteg International Scout Centre and helped to run an international trip!
Anona Mann - Members Officer
- Carried on emailing clubs
- Planned and completed my Explorer belt expedition
- Moved house and tested the durability of the Gadaffy Plate flight case
James Frith - Publicity Officer
- Hyped up Leeds Rally, 'staffed' Leeds rally (drove a lot!), set up and successfully delegated the Newsletter
- Continued to organise and coordinated 'SSAGO Support' events - find them all here
- Ran the arena bar at Gilwell 24, logged nearly 40 hours with just a few short naps!
- The SSAGO adverts in the Z-cards looked awesome if I do say so myself!
- There will be exclusive merch soon!
- Represented SSAGO in the The Scout Association parade group at London Pride
- Encouraged (gentle poked) people to write more SSAGO news articles
- Designed and purchased a SSAGO parade banner, continued sorting further banners, publicity stuff and preping new merchandise
- Started planning "Scouting for Students" talk for Gilwell Reunion
- Lots of emails and social media-ing as per usual
- Planned for the World Scout Moot in Iceland (4 days to go!)
- Enjoyed a wet but relaxing trip to Snowdon with SAGUWE
- Moved down to Devon, started my career, and of course...
Beatrice Phanjoo - International Officer
- SSAGO 50th anniversary & reunion massive invites sent out
- Facebook group for "SSAGO's international friends"
- Worked on some ideas for Forum
- Thought of some ideas for promotional stuff for SSAGO clubs to take on International trips
Dale Patrick - Merchandising
- We've bought our wedding rings, and are doing the table plans
Larah Korrison - Archivist
- Updated: Event and Exec lists (thank you those that helped)
- Forgot how tedious archiving can be!
- Organised trip to Bristol archives and helped UoBGAS deposit Kohoutek materials and digitalised all the SSAGO publicity materials e.g. Journals
- Sorted through 500 photos of the publicity materials and updated our records
- Helped ex member reunite with the penant they made when they were in the club in the late 1950s
- Added more memories to the Archive
- Scanned secretary's folder materials (watched some good films during it to keep my mind occupied) just need to sort them out now!
- Added the rally newspapers to the archive
- Moved back to London for the summer and looking forward to more trips including Gilwell and Cambridge
Laura Payne - SAGGA liason
- Worked on the SSAGO challenge badge to make it more accessible for others not in SSAGO
- Assisted the SAGGA secretary to facilitate ex-SSAGO members' transitions into SAGGA
- Delivered my 40th baby and finished my degree!
Oliver Bills - Webmaster
- Finished building the new online reps system
- Added new event tools to help people running events (availability, programme building)
- Added more information collection for Indie members when registering to help people start new SSAGO clubs
- Improved the stories system for news submission
- Built an online register for Reps
- Completed all the SSAGO 50th Anniversary functionality
Vicky Sanderson - Notifications
- Running Central Yorkshire Scouts County Camp, as part of the Management Team as Media Manager
- Attended Rally
- Dealt with NAN forms from SSAGO club summer adventures
- Completed NQT